Communism Topics for Different Essay Types
American society was afraid of the word “communism” for a long time. Now, it’s just a part of world history. We’ve composed a list of communism topics for different types of essays, which you can use for your own writing or for ordering a paper from one of essay writing services. Look through them and find new ideas or inspiration for your writing!
Argumentative Communism Controversial Topics to Discuss
- Why is democracy a better political system than communism?
- Was volunteering in the USSR (subbotnik and voskresnik) really unenforced?
- Has communism ever existed in the USA?
- What is the best political and economic system: socialism, pure communism, capitalism, or pure democracy?
- Were Joseph McCarthy’s charges against communists accurate?
- Was McCarthy’s speech “Enemies From Within” about the communists in the USA persuasive?
- Is democracy better for humans than communism?
- Was the fall of the Berlin Wall the first sign for the fall of communism in the USSR?
- Is North Korea communist?
- Was communism a real threat for the USA?
- Can communism become a reality?
- Does communism require racial and gender equality?
- Was fascism a bigger threat to the Western democracies than communism in the 20th century?
- Could “Animal Farm” be about both communism and fascism?
- Does communism symbolize madness in “A Madman’s Diary” by Lu Xun?
- Is pure communism utopian or real?
- Can the rise of communism in the 19th century be considered a pivotal moment in world history?
- To what extent was French communism successful?
- Are Islamism and communism similar in some way?
- Can communism and fascism be considered similar? In what way?
Analytical Communism Topics for A-Level Essays
- How did communists treat LGBT communities in Russia in the 20th century?
- The emancipation of women in the Czech Republic after the collapse of communism.
- How was the Cold War and communism depicted in comic books in the USA?
- Why is communism illegal in South Korea?
- Why did the USA fight with communism in Latin America in the 1950s-1970s?
- What are the major points of the “Communist Manifesto” by Friedrich Engels and Karl Marx?
- The origins of communism. How old is this ideology?
- How did an alliance against fascism change to a struggle between democracy and communism after World War II ended?
- Why did communism collapse in the USSR but still exist in China?
- The representation of communism in the movie “The Matrix.”
- Kennedy’s policy toward communism in Cuba.
- Why does the interest in religious practices still exist in communist China?
- Why was communism portrayed as an ultimate evil during the Cold War?
- What weaknesses of communism as a political system does George Orwell emphasize in his novel “Animal Farm”?
- Analyze the rise of communism in Cuba (causes, events, and consequences).
Compare and Contrast Communism Topics
- Compare and contrast the reasons for the fall of communism in Eastern Europe and in the USSR.
- What is the difference between communism and Marxism?
- Compare and contrast the “Red Scare” and the fear surrounding Islam in American society.
- Compare and contrast communism in China and the USSR. Why does communism in China still exist?
- Compare and contrast the major principles of nationalism and communism.
- Compare and contrast communism and socialism. What is the primary difference between them?
- Compare and contrast authoritarianism and communism. Can both systems exist in one country at the same time?
- Compare and contrast communism and oligarchy.
- Compare and contrast “Stalinism” and “Trotskyism” as two communist ideologies.
- Compare and contrast capitalism and communism from the point of view of private property.
- Pick two of the Revolutions of 1989 and compare them.
Communism Topics for Your Definition Essay
- Define the term “post-communism” and describe its main features.
- Define the term “glasnost.” What are the main features of this policy?
- Define the terms “perestoika” and “demokratizatsiia.”
- What is the Sinatra Doctrine? What are its main points?
- Define the term “Red Scare.” Which periods in US history are associated with this term?
- Define the term “Titoism.” Explain its origins.
- Define the differences between libertarian socialism and anarcho-communism.
- Define the term “class struggle” from the point of view of Marxist ideology.
- Define the term “world communism.” What is monolithic?
- Define the term “McCarthyism.” What was the reason for it?
Cause and Effect Communism Controversial Topics
- Is there any connection between the end of the Cold War and the dissolution of the Soviet Union?
- Why did the quality of life lower drastically in post-communist countries in the 1990s?
- What was the role of the US in the collapse of communism?
- What is the impact of the communist economic and political system on modern Russia?
- The positive and negative effects of communism on business in China.
- What was the role of communism in the rise of terrorism in the Middle East?
- How did the death of Hồ Chí Minh affect communism in Vietnam?
- What were the main reasons for the triumph of the communist revolution in Russia in 1917?
- What were the main reasons for the Romanian Revolution, and why did it end so violently?
- The effects of Taoism and Confucianism on communism in China.
- Was communism one of the reasons for the Vietnam War?
- Why did the the imperial government collapse in Russia?
- How does communism influence the life of the lower class in China?
- Why is “Animal Farm” considered to be a work of satire against dictatorial socialism?
- Why did the Soviet Union join World War II?
You’re free to combine and mix these communism topics however you like. You can also use them as communism speech topics, especially for argumentative essays.
We also want to provide you with a short guide on where and when communism was (or still is) a predominant political ideology. We hope that this information will help you to structure your knowledge about communism.
|USSR||1922 – 1991|
|China||1921 – current|
|Cuba||1925 – current|
|North Korea||1945 – 2009|
|Vietnam||1930 – current|
|Kampuchea||1975 – 1976|
|Laos||1955 – current|
Communism is one of the most well-known philosophical and political ideologies. Without it, our history would be different. If you’re interested in this theme, we’re sure that our list has helped you to find new and original ideas.
Help with Writing a Communism Essay
However, if you aren’t in the right mood for academic writing, we’re ready to cover your back. The EssayBulls team is available 24/7! As soon as you need academic assistance, pay to write essays and get unique and well-written samples at affordable prices!
Special thanks to the author for these communism essay topics!!
DO you have more history essay topics?
Yes, сheck out also German history topics – https://essaybulls.com/blog/interesting-german-history-topics-to-write-on/.
I read with pleasure this post, it was helpful for me…
I like that table in the end. It is necessary information for those who write essays on communism